Summer Fayre, Saturday 8th June 2024
St Donat's Castle Summer Fayre
Our summer fayre is a summer favourite for the whole family with a variety of activities and local traders to browse.
A great day out for the whole family, you can browse a wonderful collection of over 60 food, drink and craft stalls, enjoy live music entertainment or book on to activities available throughout the day.
The fayre is set across the charming rooms of St Donat’s Castle, Arts Centre and the striking outdoor gardens and seafront area.
This fayre offers a mix of traders from family-friendly and charity stalls to luxury handmade crafts and gifts. Stalls include a variety of jewellery, wood, glass, ceramic and textiles. You will also find a diverse range of food stalls from sauces, to brownies to preserves and more.
Indulge yourself in food freshly prepared by our outdoor street food traders who offer a diverse mix of international foods from around the world.
St Donat’s Castle’s Summer Fayre is in Llantwit Major, Vale of Glamorgan and is just 40 minutes from central Cardiff, 20 minutes from Bridgend or 40 minutes from Swansea. To find us, click here
WHEN | SATURDAY 8TH JUNE 2024, 10AM-5PM
Advance booking required.
TICKETS | Early bird entry £10 per car or £2pp on foot (when booked before 31st March)
Tickets booked after this are £12 per car or £3pp on foot.
Please note advance booking is required. Booking fees apply.
- Outdoor food traders serving international cuisine
- Over 60 indoor food, drink and craft traders
- Live music by Finding Fiona at 12.30pm and 3.30pm on the Top Lawn overlooking the sea (or Tythe Barn of St Donat’s Arts Centre if wet weather)
- Family magician ‘Simon Sparkles’ show at 11am and 2pm on Top Lawn (or Tythe Barn of St Donat’s Arts Centre if wet weather)
- Access to the 122-acre campus with original Tudor gardens and woodland
You can also book the following additional activities:
- 60-minute indoor and outdoor lido pool session (£5pp) – please note the indoor pool is heated but the outdoor pool is not
- Archery taster experience – 3 arrows plus practice shot (£5pp, ages 6+)
- Climbing taster experience – 2 climbs plus leap of faith (£5pp, ages 6+)
- Bouncy castle (payable at location)
- Early bird offer £10 per car or £2pp on foot ends 31st March 2024
- Tickets booked after this are £12 per car for as many people who you can fit in your car, or £3pp on foot
- Please note this event sells out so we strongly recommend advanced booking
- Last entry is 3.30pm
- Parking is in a field, approximately 5-10 minute walk from the castle. Please wear appropriate footwear if the weather is wet
- Accessible and family parking is available subject to availability – please still enter via the main field and you will there on be directed
- Due to the nature of the castle and grounds, we recommend babies in arms/slings rather than pushchairs
- If you are booking activities you must still book an entry ticket (parking or foot)
- The site has direct access to the rocky beach at St Donats. Due to the unpredictable conditions, strong currents and large waves often found at the coast we strongly recommend that you do not enter the water unless you are suitably equipped and experienced to do so. There are no lifeguards on patrol and you enter the water at your own risk.
- We are a no-smoking campus
- Dogs are permitted onto the campus grounds, but must be on a lead at all times and dog waste must be binned appropriately. Dog entry to all buildings and the pool area is not allowed at any time.
- You are welcome to bring your own picnics but ask you dispose of rubbish in the correct recycling bins
2024 Trader Information
If you are a trader and would like to apply for a stall, please complete our trader application form.
Supporting local businesses, this annual fayre has over 60 traders from within the local region and Wales and welcomes over 3,000 visitors for this one-day spectacular event.
Exhibition locations include:
- Dining Hall – 20 craft stalls @ £100 incl VAT
- Brandestoke Hall – 22 craft stalls @ £100 incl VAT
- Great Hall – 7 craft stalls @ £100 incl VAT
- Glassroom – 12 food and drink stalls plus cafe and seating @ £100 incl VAT
- Outdoor Street food market – 10 food traders @ £150 incl VAT
- Seafront – 5 food/drink traders @ £90 incl VAT
Further information can be found on the application form page. Sign up to our trader mailing list to be kept up to date with Summer and Winter fayres.