Activity Camp - Summer Break
When holiday time kicks in for schools, activity experiences kick off here! Mix our cool campus and facilities with our expert outdoor practitioners and you have a magical experience just waiting to happen.
UWC Atlantic is a remarkable campus based in the grounds of St Donat’s Castle, Llantwit Major and is offering a series of 5-day, non-residential, activity camp for 8 – 14-year-olds that will challenge and excite your children this summer break.
Led by the UWC Atlantic Experience team, the activity camp is designed to develop and enhance your self-confidence, problem-solving abilities and teamwork through exposure to a series of challenging adventures in a relaxing and fun-based environment.
- Dates (booking is per week):
26th July – 30th July
2nd August – 6th August
9th August – 13th August
16th August – 20th August
23rd August – 27th August
- Suitable for ages 8-14 years old
- £190pp including lunch and refreshments
- Limited number of spaces available
The team of highly experienced, skilled and knowledgeable instructors will guide and support you through this exciting journey. UWC Atlantic Experience is registered and holds current licences for The Adventure Activities Licensing Authority (AALA). Adventure activities licensing ensures that activity providers follow good safety standards and management practices. All instructional staff are highly qualified in their field and experienced at managing safety and risk whilst maximising the opportunities for learning and personal development.
08.45-09.00 Drop off and sign in at the Moondance Sports Hall
09.30-12.00 Morning activity
12.00-13.30 Supervised lunch and games
13.30-16.00 Afternoon activity
16.30-17.00 Collection and sign out from the Moondance Sports Hall
** Price includes lunch, refreshments and snacks
You will have the opportunity to experience activities such as:
- High ropes
- Raft building
- Beach walk and fossil hunt
- Team games
Please note, the running of some activities may be weather dependent or adjusted based on group competency.
You will also enjoy more conventional team activities such as badminton, basketball and indoor hockey using Atlantic College’s Moondance Sports Hall.
Need to know...
TERMS & CONDITIONS 2021 – IMPORTANT BOOKING INFORMATION:
1. Full payment must be made at the time of on-line booking and the parental consent form must be completed and returned within 5 days of booking
2. We will endeavour to honour all activity/function programme, however, in circumstances beyond our control e.g. inclement weather/site maintenance/health & safety recommendations, UWC Atlantic Experience reserve the right to amend your booking. We will, however, give you as much notice as possible should this occasion arise.
3. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that confirmed courses take place, UWC Atlantic Experience reserves the right to cancel a booking for whatever reason. All monies paid to UWC Atlantic Experience in respect of a booking will be refunded in these circumstances.
4. Sickness and Exclusion. Parents or Guardians will be expected to collect a child suspected of suffering from sickness, infection or injury as soon as possible in order to safely reduce the risk to themselves, other children and staff. Refunds will not be given.
5. We cannot reserve spaces, should you wish to book please do this as soon as possible as demand is high and spaces are limited.
6. We do not offer multi-booking discounts
REFUND POLICY 2021:
1. Should we need to cancel the course for any reason related to COVID-19, we will issue a full refund of monies paid.
2. Should a participant not be able to attend due to being infected with COVID-19, a full refund of monies will be issued following proof of Track & Trace or Doctor certification.
3. Should a participant cancel without proof and notification is given three days before the start of the event, a refund will be granted minus the booking fee.
4. Should a participant cancel under three days before the start of the event without proof of Track and Trace or Doctor certification, a refund cannot be given.