Open Campus Days at St Donat's Castle
Discover the beautiful grounds of St Donat’s Castle, home to UWC Atlantic in the Vale of Glamorgan. Spanning over 122 acres of woodland, coastline and original Tudor gardens, our beautiful campus is a hidden gem opening its doors for you to explore this Summer. If you wish to view inside St Donat’s Castle, entry is permitted when booking a castle tour.
A perfect day out for the whole family, our unique campus is the 12th century St Donat’s Castle on the Glamorgan Heritage Coast, with views overlooking Somerset and the Bristol Channel.
When you are here, why not explore the ancient woodland? Or relax in one of our many pristine terraced gardens? If it is the fresh sea breeze you seek, our coastline is the perfect spot for a picnic al fresco. Enjoying the wonderful landscape is endless and a way for the whole family to get outdoors and relish the beauty of Wales this summer.
Our open campus days are free to attend. A £5 parking fee per car applies for those parking onsite. Booking a parking ticket in advance is strongly recommended.
A food and refreshment stall will be available at the seafront (please note this event is different to the summer fayre and does not include a large selection of craft, drink and food traders).
The Atlantic Experience team will also be offering various activities for you to take part in whilst you are here. Activities must be pre-booked and include:
- St Donat’s Castle Tour
A 90-minute guided tour inside the ground floor of St Donat’s Castle, suitable for ages 10+
Tour 1: 10-11.30am
Tour 2: 11am-12.30pm
Tour 3: 12.30pm-2pm
Tour 4: 1.30pm-3.30pm
(Pease meet at Arts Centre 15 minutes before the start of your tour)
£10 per person, maximum 20 guests per tour
- Lido Swim
Swim in our indoor and outdoor pools. The following swim ratios must be abided:
Under 5’s – 1 adult in the water to 1 child | Ages 5 – 8 years – 1 adult in the water to 2 children | Age 8 to 15 years – no adult supervision providing the child is a competent swimmer. For ages under 16, a parent/guardian must be on-site in case of emergencies.
Swim Session 1: 10am-11am
Swim Session 2: 11am – 12pm
Swim Session 3: 12pm-1pm
Swim Session 4: 2pm-3pm
Swim Session 5: 3pm-4pm
£5 per person, maximum 40 participants per session
Things to know…
- All activities are subject to pre-booking and availability. Activities will go ahead in all weather unless it’s a compromise to the safety of the session, in which case you will receive a full refund for the session.
- Activities have a maximum capacity per session which cannot be exceeded
- Access inside the castle is only available when booking a guided tour
- Pre-booking parking is not essential but is limited, therefore pre-booking is recommended
- There is no entrance fee. Therefore, those arriving by foot, bicycle or public transport are not required to pay to enter the campus or pre-book.
- The site has direct access to the rocky beach at St Donats. Due to the unpredictable conditions, strong currents and large waves often found at the coast we strongly recommend that you do not enter the water unless you are suitably equipped and experienced to do so. There are no lifeguards on patrol and you enter the water at your own risk.
- We are a no-smoking campus
- Dogs are permitted on a lead at all times and dog waste must be binned appropriately
- You are welcome to bring your own picnics
- Free entry
- Parking £5
- Lido swim session £5pp
- Castle tours £10pp
- Sunday 23rd July 2023
- Sunday 6th August 2023
- Sunday 13th August 2023